Gas Policy Officer
Climate Action Network Europe is looking for a full-time
Gas Policy Officer
Climate Action Network Europe (CAN Europe), recognised as Europe's leading network working on climate and energy issues, is currently seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and results-driven Gas Policy Officer (full time or 4 days a week) to join our team in Brussels. This position offers an opportunity to be at the center of the largest movement for global change that will affect people and the planet for centuries to come.
The successful candidate will work on gas related policies with the overall objective of phasing out fossil gas from Europes energy system by 2035 and to align climate and energy policies in Europe with the Paris Agreement. She or he will thereby closely work with other policy coordinators in the CAN Europe team, and CAN experts from member organisationsacross Europe.
▪ Preferably 2 years relevant professional experience;
▪ Knowledge of energy and specific gas related energy policies;
▪ Experience of working with NGOs in a network environment;
▪ Experience in advocacy work and outreach to different stakeholders (NGOs, institutions, friendly business associations, consumer organisations, city networks);
▪ Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills, time management, flexibility, and reliability;
▪ Ability to produce results according to schedule and respecting deadlines;
▪ Fluent written and spoken English, excellent communication skills, other EU languages would be an asset;
▪ Ability to work on multiple issues in parallel.
▪ Advocacy experience on EU energy and gas policies specifically (such as EU gas regulation, internal energy market).
▪ Stakeholder contacts and network.
▪ Experience in fundraising and reporting.
Main duties will include
▪ Develop and implementan EU advocacy strategy aiming to exclude EU public support for fossil gas, low carbon gas or fossil based hydrogen projects.
▪ Coordinate work with our national members in terms of advocacy outreach, information exchange etc.
▪ Develop briefings, reports, advocacy outreach and contribute to media work on fossil gas issues.
▪ Work closely with the EU Gas Policy Coordinator, Gas Communications Coordinator and Network Development Coordinators
▪ Contribute to fundraising efforts related to relevant policy dossiers.
The location of this position is flexible, and remuneration will be defined accordingly. If the position would be based in our headquarters in Brussels, a Belgian open-ended contract will be provided with a projected salary between 2940,0EUR and 3850,0EUR Euro gross/month depending on the years of relevant experience (from 0 to 20 years) and subject to Belgian taxes.
To apply, please send your CV in English and a one page essay laying out the main challenges related to EU gas policy in 2021. You can send these documents to email@example.com with Gas policy officer as subject line.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 7 July 2021 end of business
First round of Interviews preferably on Thursday 15 or Friday 16 July 2021 (online)
Second round of Interviews preferably on Thursday 22 July 2021 (online)
Expected start date: September 2021
Inquiries to Esther Bollendorff, EU Gas Policy Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org