BUSINESS DEVELOPER AND PROJECT MANAGER
Energy Cities: Brussels (Belgium) Office
Deadline for applications: 3rd May 2021
Starting date: July 2021 (earlier if possible)
Duration: Full-time 1-year contract (with the possibility to extend)
A. Integrate the business development team, coordinate fundraising activities and Energy Cities new membership offer in the following fields:
- science-based targets and carbon budgeting in cities;
- multi-actor partnerships for locally-based& resource-wiseeconomies;
- citizens and local actors empowering in the energy market and beyond it;
- energy communitiesand fossil-free heatneighbourhoods.
· Support the strategic reflexion on Energy Cities offers and services, meaning:
a. You will be in charge of describing our current activities (project development and management, peer-to-peer between cities, knowledge sharing) in services for our members.
b. You will support us in generating, identifying and launching new high-potential services to serve our community, according to innovation management methods
c. You will analyse cities needs and propose improvement to better propose our offers to our members.
· Design long-term tools and campaigns from the most-promising project outcomes:
b. You will map funders (e.g. foundations, philanthropists) and key partners to ensure short and mid-term development of these projects.
c. You will work on the 1st implementation phase of these projects (engagement with funders, building consortium, etc.).
B. Coordinate the implementation of Energy Cities
activities of the project SCALE - European Smart and Lighthouse Cities
a. Create, support and animate the City coordinators group
- Launch and engage the cities coordinators group;
- Design and implement the roadmap of the cities coordinators group;
b. Coordinate the outreach beyond Smart Cities and Communities Lighthouse Cities Group
- Coordinate the alignment of SCALE with other city led initiatives (e.g. Covenant of Mayors, Mission Cities, etc);
- Continuously engage with the Covenant of Mayors office by energising a permanent link/bridge between SCALE/European Commission/Covenant of Mayors Office;
- Mapping the demand from the Covenant of Mayors community and match supply from SCC in coordination with SCALE partners;
- Collaborate with consortium partners in the peer-to-peer support, packaging and demand mapping activities;
- Capitalise on the synergies of the two initiatives with hands-on activities (e.g. organisation of workshops, capacity building);
c. Coordinate the implementation of the SCALE Grant
- Launch and coordinate the SCALE Grant
o Coordinate the application and selection processes;
o Monitor the implementation of the activities by the supported partnerships;
o Promotion of the SCALE Grant;
d. Support the governance of the Smart Cities and Communities Lighthouse Cities Group (in particular the task group replication);
e. Project reporting to the coordinator.
SCALE is a multi-stakeholder city-led network of smart city experts whose goal is to support the Smart Cities and Communities Lighthouse group of projects (H2020 funded Smart Cities and Communities supported projects) with the aim to create an innovative, sustainable and citizen-led community of smart cities in Europe and beyond.
You will be working approximately 45% of your time in activity A, 45% in activity B and 10% in the remaining activities that you might be asked for.
WHAT SHOULD YOUR BACKGROUND BE?
1. Master level studies e.g. in business management, engineering, economy, sustainable energy & climate, sustainable urban development & planning or similar;
2. Background in energy and local policies will be positively evaluated;
3. Experience in sales or other commercial activity will be positively evaluated;
4. Minimum 5 years working experience, preferably with local authorities and urban context;
5. Proven project management experience and preferably in the fields of energy and transition, and preferably for projects funded by EU funded programmes (H2020, LIFE, etc.);
6. Interest in system change approaches (governance issues, transition management, stakeholders and citizen engagement, urban and energy planning, policies and financial instruments, etc.);
WHAT SKILLS SHOULD YOU HAVE?
1. Proficient user level (C level) in English is required and independent user (B level) of other EU languages is an advantage, apart from your mother tongue;
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as facilitation and training skills;
3. Excellent organizational skills;
4. Ability to work in an international and intercultural team and environment;
5. Ability to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONTRACT:
1. The contract will be made under the French or the Belgian law;
2. Full time contract of 1 year with a possibility to be extended;
3. Location: Brussels (BE);
4. Availability to travel in Europe in particular;
5. Salary conditions: depending on candidate experience and according to Energy Cities salary grid, taking also into account candidate expectations (if any);
6. Holidays per year: 20 days plus 26.5 extra-legal days in Belgium; 26.5 days in France
7. Working time: 38 hours (Belgium) working week; 39h in France
8. Other advantages: Attractive health and disability insurance; restaurant vouchers; Cyclist or public transport fee/allowance; Phone/Internet lump sum;
9. Starting July 2021 (earlier if possible)
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN US?
· Applicants must have the legal right to work and live in Belgium or France;
· Please send your cover letter and your CV via our webpage https://energy-cities.eu/jobs/
· Closing date for applications: 3rd May 2021;
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and interviewed (online interviews with successful candidates can be expected by beginning of May).
Energy CitiesClaire Roumet