CONCORD is looking for a Communication Coordinator
CONCORD is the European Confederation of Relief and Development NGOs. We are made up of member organisations: 28 national platforms, 25 international networks and 4 associate members that represent over 2,600 NGOs, supported by millions of citizens across Europe. We are the main interlocutor with the EU institutions on development policy, funding and practice.
CONCORD is seeking a highly-motivated individual to join the Membership and Communication Team as the Communications Coordinator.
The purpose of this role is to provide expert input to strategise, implement and monitor all CONCORD communications in alignment with our vision, strategy and values. You will contribute to the work of the other coordinators within the Secretariat in order to:
● Increase CONCORD visibility & profile and promote CONCORD messages towards our external stakeholders (EU institutions, media and journalists, partners andallies).
● Ensure our members are informed, enabling them to play an active role in the confederation.
Key areas of responsibility
● Develop and implement an internal and external communication strategy for our Confederation, including the framing of messages andnarratives;
● Act as guardian of CONCORDs branding; maintain and implement a coherent editorial style and tone for our Confederation, and strengthen the public image ofCONCORD;
● Develop and manage CONCORDs online presence; prepare and/or supervise all communication outputs of our Confederation (e.g. newsletters, social media updates, campaigns, news articles, blog posts);
● Coordinate the development of CONCORDs publications (including CONCORDs Annual Report), which will include planning and taking care of layout plus all contact with printers and distributors;
● Coordinate the production of other print and digital materials and communication tools, including podcasts;
● Facilitate mutual learning and exchange with communication experts from the confederation;
● Monitor the impact of CONCORDs communications actions (e.g.campaigns);
● Monitor emerging trends and look for ways to keep the organisation abreast of changes in digital communication and to maintain communications bestpractices;
● As part of the team, you will also be expected to support the organisation of certain events and activities, such as the General Assembly.
The successful candidate will understand and be committed to CONCORDs vision and goals and be able to contribute to CONCORDs ambition to pursue a transformational agenda at EU level.
● Academic background or professional experience in the development and/or human rights sector;
● Knowledge of the civil society sector and of the developmentsector;
● Knowledge of social media and online communication channels;
● Good understanding of EU policy-making and influencing processes andstrategies;
● Interest in and good knowledge of EU politics and processes including issues pertaining to sustainable development;
● Competence with standard office software (e.g. Google Suite, Adobe,Wordpress)
● At least 5 years of professional experience (excluding internships) in communication work;
● Experience working for a civil society, membership or other purpose-driven organisation;
● Experience working on and monitoring international campaigns;
● Experience in drafting and revising texts would be an asset;
● Experience in publication and design;
● Experience in managing online communication tools such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Mailchimp, Wordpress on a daily basis.
● Good presentational skills applicable to both internal and externalevents;
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including tactful and effective facilitation skills to build consensus;
● Strong planning and organisational skills;
● Ability to prioritise while managing multiple projects simultaneously;
● Ability to work under pressure and towards tight deadlines;
● Team player, proactive, self-starter;
● Capable networker, able to coordinate and operate effectively incoalitions;
● Confidence and fluency in communicating to external audiences on CONCORDs work in your areas of focus;
● Fluent level written and spoken English; working knowledge of Frenchdesirable.
Conditions of Employment:
Contract: One-year full-time position (CDD) with possibility of conversion to permanent contract (CDI) on successful completion
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Gross salary: from €3579 per month, depending on experience
Other benefits: thirteenth month; holiday allowance; hospitalisation insurance; affiliation to pension scheme; meal vouchers and a monthly commuting allowance on local public transport or by bicycle.
The position reports to the Head of Membership and Communication. If you are interested, please send:
1) a CV (max. 2 pages, no photo)
2) a cover letter highlighting your motivation for working with us, and demonstrating your experience with campaigning, impact monitoring and content management (max. 1page),
3) a visual portfolio (e.g. infographics, illustrations or audiovisual materials)
4) the completed exercise below
to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject: Communication Coordinator Application. Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.
The closing date for applications is 5 October 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. First round interviews + written exercise will take place on 12 October 2020. The second round of interviews will be held on 13 October 2020. Ideal start date: 1 December 2020.
No possibility for visa sponsorship. You should have a valid work permit to work in Belgium.
Exercise for Communications Coordinator position (1h of your time will be required)
As Communication Coordinator you will be in charge of the design and implementation of a communication plan for the launch of our annual AidWatch report. Part of the communication plan is the development of a communications kit. This kit is meant to encourage our members to share the AidWatch report and its key messages on their social media channels to increase the impact of our advocacy at an EU-level.
The theme of CONCORD's AidWatch 2020 report is the impact of COVID-19 on EU aid. Please create a simple communications kit that includes:
● an introduction;
● a list of CONCORD's materials;
● political and media targets;
● sample posts for social media.
As the communication coordinator, you are in charge of the structure and exact content of the communication kit. As such, you are encouraged to incorporate your unique experience and ideas.
Jeudi 17 septembre 2020 / Lundi 05 octobre 2020
T. +32 (0)2 743.87.60 / 84